School Opening Times
8:40am Yard gate opened
8:45am Bell rings and the children line up and go to classrooms
8:50am Lessons begin
9:00am All classroom doors and yard gate closed
3:00pm Yard gate opened
3:05pm Nursery and Reception Classes and Year 1 and Year 2 - Home time
3:10pm Year 3, Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6 - Home time
Please note: In order to ensure the safety of our children and families at the start and at the end of the day,
there is no access to vehicles on the school site between 8:30-9:00am and 2:45-3:30pm.
Directions to Highfield from A19 North and South
- From A19 take exit onto A183 signed City Centre / Chester le Street
- Follow signs for City Centre
- Passing Sunderland Echo building on your left travel eastwards into City Centre along A183 for approximately 1 mile, crossing 3 roundabouts.
- At 4th roundabout turn left onto Holborn Road
- Continue along Holborn Road for half a mile
- Continue over roundabout with Red Robin pub on your left.
- 250 yards along Front Street and turn left onto Fordfield Road.
- The main entrance to the school is just on your right.
- when you enter the drive follow the road to the right and please feel free to use the staff car park.
- All visitors are required to sign in at reception.