We are using the Sport Premium to improve the quality of PE and Sport provision in the following ways:
- We use the funding to support regular sport tournaments, festivals and competitions for pupils of all ages. We have joined our Local Sports Partnership which has given our pupils the opportunity to participate in a range of sporting activities and competitions.
- We invest in high quality CPD for staff to ensure children receive a high level of teaching throughout their time at Highfield Academy.
- We invest in high-quality visiting sports coaches to run clubs, competitions, and to increase pupils’ participation in in-school and inter-school games competitions. We provide after-school sport clubs.
- We work with Farringdon Academy, Farringdon Detached FC, AP coaching, All stars rugby coaching and Active Families North East to provide high-quality coaching in a range of sports.
- Our different sports clubs are lots of fun and we try to provide signposting to clubs outside of school to develop these skills further.
- Our Key Stage 2 children swim at Farringdon Academy. We greatly value this, because not only does it provide us with access to high-quality swimming facilities but teaches children a vital life skill.
- Due to Covid-19 lockdown we were unable to obtain swimming data