School Opening Times
School Opening Times and Directions To Highfield
Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 begin school at 8:50 am when the school bell rings.
Children in Key Stage 1 (years 1 and 2) finish at 3:20 pm.
Children in Key Stage 2 (years 3,4,5 and 6) finish at 3:30 pm.
Early Years Foundation Stage ( Nursery and Reception) open their doors for children at 8:30 am.
Morning Nursery children finish at 11:30 am
Reception children finish at 3:20 pm
Afternoon Nursery starts at 12:30 pm and ends at 3:30 pm
Gates open at 8:40 am to the main school yard
No unaccompanied children are to enter school yard. Gates will be locked at 9 am.
Could we please remind everyone that unaccompanied children are not allowed in the school yard before 8.40 am as there will not be a member of staff available to supervise them.
Directions to Highfield from A19 North and South
- From A19 take exit onto A183 signed City Centre / Chester le Street
- Follow signs for City Centre
- Passing Sunderland Echo building on your left travel eastwards into City Centre along A183 for approximately 1 mile, crossing 3 roundabouts.
- At 4th roundabout turn left onto Holborn Road
- Continue along Holborn Road for half a mile
- Continue over roundabout with Red Robin pub on your left.
- 250 yards along Front Street and turn left onto Fordfield Road.
- The main entrance to the school is just on your right.
- when you enter the drive follow the road to the right and please feel free to use the staff car park.
- All visitors are required to sign in at reception.